Provide your leaders with the skills and techniques to maximise success.
Is your team the best it can be?
When a team is working to its full potential, amazing things can happen.
SACS can help you assess your team or organisation to find out where your strengths are and where you can make improvements.
Use SACS’ evidence-based services to drive improvement in productivity, relationships and personal well-being.
Managing for optimal performance
SACS has worked with many organisations to develop performance management processes that maximise success, personal growth and change.
The best performance management processes tend to be simple and open, with room for leaders and managers to include material that is relevant to them and their relationship. By embracing such a process, organisations encourage leaders and staff to use the performance development process as a leadership tool. After all, the goal is to enhance the success of a business and its staff, rather than go through the motions of an ineffective HR process.
Good performance management processes have the following characteristics:
- Effective goal setting and performance conversations
- Useful and practical rating structures
- Up to four categories of goals, such as
- Work achievement goals – the “what” of the job
- Professionalism or behaviour goals – the “how” of the job
- Learning and development goals
- Career growth goals
- A user manual that is designed for and geared to the needs of the business and the skills of the leaders and staff
- High quality training on goal setting and performance conversations
If you think your team or organisation could benefit from a performance management process, contact us now.
Organisation strategy development
A sound organisational strategy is the foundation on which good organisational development processes can be built. Without a clear strategy, it is impossible to establish a workforce plan or identify areas for development.
SACS has worked with boards and executive teams in commerce, the public sector and not for profit organisations to help them develop a practical strategy for their organisation.
The SACS approach to organisation strategy development is simple, specific and behavioural. It gives you clear and practical guides that encourage behaviours that help you get the outcome you want to achieve.
The 4 stages in the process are as follows:
- 1. Destination. Where do we want to be in one, two and three years’ time? Let’s get really specific. What size will we need to be? What businesses will we be in? What will our delivery model need to be? How will we define our success?
- 2. Journey. How far are we from this ideal now? Do we only need to undertake fine-tuning, or will we need to make very substantial changes? SACS uses a psychological measurement technique to help you set this journey
- 3. Behaviours. Corporate culture is about the behaviours people see and hear around them every day. Positive behaviours are a strong foundation for success, whereas bad behaviours can easily derail your strategy
- 4. Actions. True strategy is built around actions; activities that we agree need to be undertaken in order to reach the destination. Truly effective actions have:
- A leader
- A supporting team
- A clear definition of success
- An agreed due date by which the action will be completed
If you want a refreshingly practical and uncomplicated approach to setting your organisation’s strategy, contact us now. Our Organisational Development process improves performance via internal capabilities, structures, HR systems, job designs, and managerial processes.